Saturday, September 01, 2007

Rebekah is home

From Camp....
Camp del Corazon.

She had a blast as usual. Her counselors told us she was really afraid of the dark, which puzzled us but they said it was REALLY dark with outdoor noises so, maybe that freaked her out. AND that another girl in the cabin wanted complete darkness to sleep.

And now she is antsy at home, making a PITA of herself which is her usual MO after being gone.

I overhead one of the counselors telling about a special guest on the island. So, on the way home I asked rebekah about it. She said oh yah I remember him, we ate with him and he stayed all week. The guest? Tom Arnold. In recent years he has been a big supporter of the camp, even hosting the gala as I recall.

She wore her dress for fancy dinner night, as often as they would let her she says. Good thing it came from goodwill. And has learned this fantasically annoying song on disco night. Hmm I should look for it on Youtube.

She also said she climbing the climbing wall this time. Last time she was too scared....perhaps because last time she refused to wear her glasses. I told the counselors before I left that they are pretty manditory for her to see.

She was happy that she wasnt the only oddball this time. By oddball, I mean the only one in her cabin skipped during med times....

Last time she filled her disposable camera so, I gave her 2 this time. She didnt fill either of them....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she had fun! I'm glad she is back all safe and sound. How did the swimming go?

Elizabeth

Nancy Jensen said...

I'm so glad she had such a good time. I knew she would! I told ya not to worry. LOL!

And I didn't know that Tom Arnold was a big supporter. That's cool.

Anonymous said...

Time for another update!

Anonymous said...

So nothing has happened since sept. 1st?! I find that hard to believe. You can tell us. Have you just been too wild to write about it?

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

updating is always on my to do list....going to work on that shortly....
starting with the famed book list lol