http://www.0ddness.co.uk/2009/01/happy-birthday-for-angel.html#comments
This is a friend of mine's blog. I have known him for over 8yrs now. I met him thru a heart list.
Heart Defect suck. Sure I have made many great friends and met many people but, this is where they suck.
This certainly wasnt the first, nor will it be the last child I know of who dies but damnit...it makes me tear up every time I think of her. Not just for the loss but for the gigantic hole it has left in my friends life.
Cherish your moments, cherish your time.
Its late, I am tired and gosh darn it...there is something in my eye...
I could leave you with lots of facts but, the one that I think is most telling....Congenital heart defects affect 1 out of every 100 babies born. March of dimes lists CHDs in the top causes of Infant death. Some are severe, some are not...Some get lucky.
Bethy wasnt an infant....and she was lucky for only a short amount of time. Those she touched were lucky to have known her. And if you believe in fate...perhaps you can throw that in there too.
She left behind a mom, a dad (my friend) a loving brother and the baby sister she never met. She touched many lives in her short time.
Happy Birthday Little Moo.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment