Wednesday, February 25, 2009

E. R.

I used to be a huge fan of this show but, I stopped watching when almost every episode carried some political or moral message. I also was bummed about the constant killing off of docs I was really starting to like. (I totally missed Dr Pratts killing....)

Anyhow....

On March 26, they will be airing an episode written specifically for Camp Del Corazon (www.campdelcorazon.org) and I would venture to guess Tom Arnold had a big hand in it. The story line is about a kid with a heart defect and his struggles. I believe it is being played by the brother from iCarly.


Camp Del Corazon was asked to supply many of the extras so, yesterday Ivan and Rebekah spent the entire day on the Warner Brothers lot. Some of her friends have a longer commitment...which will surely mean more face time in the episode...some were even asked to bring sleeping bags...so clearly alot of this focuses on the camp. Rebekah was asked to dance. Ivan says if he hears that song "I feel good" one more time he might go crazy. They were reenacting the dances at camp. Rebekah was asked to bring her camp shirt but, for some reason never asked to put it on.

The awarenss to CHDs that this can bring is huge in my opinion. Not only did these actors work with these kids, but now everyone who watches ER will hear more about them and see the many "normal" kids that CHDs affect.

I wonder if there will be camp facts at the end of the episode? That would be kinda cool. And more in your face....There are at least 7 heart camps I can think of ...and prob more (there are 2 in California!) Just the sheer amount of kids who attend these would be a heck of an eye opener to many people who dont realize that that 1 out of every 100 people has a Heart Defect.

so dont forget to watch ER on the 26th of March...rebekah has light blue jeans, a flowered shirt and is wearing a lei in the scene....and prob drooling over John Stamos as I understand it....

2 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Yay! Sure sounds like a great way to Rebekah had alot of fun :)

The episode where Dr. Pratt dies was heartwrenching - the actor did such a great job playing Pratt while dieing.

I am looking forward to see Rebekah.

Mary Fran Muir said...

I'm glad ER is over after this season. I've kept watching but have a lot of the same feelings you have. I am EXCITED to see this episode. Hopefully Rebekah will get lots of face time.