Saturday, November 24, 2007

A week in review

Ha ha

Just so no one "yells" at me.

Monday
hmm that was a long time ago....I feel the need to look at my calendar for some help. Ok we had park day that day. Spent a few hours at the park...had a few laughs. Came home then Rebekah had Jazz and Ballet that evening. And I cant remember anything else ha ha

Tuesday
the usual tuesday run to and from IVC. Also finally got the concurrent enrollment form filled out and turned in. That evening rebekah had a class at the Nature center on animals. I was worried because the last early evening class thru the city I signed her up for was a bust..... it was in a giant room with one corner for the cooking class, the other for art with the middle of the room being the after school program. Luckily this was in a seperate building with only 3 kids signed up....of which only 2 showed. Nathan and I hung at the park while the class was going on til it became dark and cold and then we sat in the car. We had southwest stew and cornbread for dinner.

Wednesday

I know I went to the grocery store....OH AND THE POST OFFICE to mail a care package to "B company" Oh yah and the Tustin Farmers market. They had fresh roasted peanuts...by fresh I mean...on site roasting. I was looking for romanesca broccoli....it is becoming popular in recipes but I cant find it....unless I grow it myself. That evening Rebekah had ballet and christine went to watch a show at a swing dance competition. OH YES and my younger 2 along with the neighbor children destroyed my living room. They were nicely playing a game. Ivan went next door to ask their dad what he was doing on thanksgiving and suddnely the children had EVERY GAME out and spread across the floor.

Thursday....

Thanksgiving. I made 1 pecan pie and the stuff for pumpkin pie which produced THREE pies eeegaaads....Ivan made apple....for some odd reason one pumpkin pie never cooked right....very strange
We had turkey and stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, a new sweet potatoe recipe (that was not very good...unless you like sweet potatoe soup), mashed potatoes and a vegetable creation with brussel sprouts, cauliflower and regular broccoli (see wed)....in a Lemon/caper/garlic butter...the butter was supposed to have marjoram in it but I didnt have any....which was prob good because thats alot of flavor.

Friday
I went to Joanns and bought a ton of fleece for blankets at a really good price 2.79 a yard. Then we all trekked up to the natural history museum and the California Science center. We didnt see all of either museum. Rebekah hadnt really slept the night before and normally museums are on limited time anyway. We saw the gems (YAH!!!) all the insects, and the animal dioramas....which I was suprised the little ones enjoyed...
Then we saw most of the 2nd floor at the science center before they were just tapped. I figured the 3rd floor grossology exhibit, while they would enjoy, is coming to the local science center so, we could skip it with no guilt lol. Rebekah was fascinated by the surgery area of the science center and nathan....well...he seemed to like the bacteria and the reproduction area....spending ages watching the baby chicks and the almost hatched eggs, followed by replaying this one model thing...you moved a bullseye over different reproduction organs...and it gave a nice little blurb on them and how they related to DNA...of course he know has a new word for his collection....testicles.

And that brings us to today...
SATURDAY

so far, I have done 3 loads of laundry....Ivan is at the gun show with the neighbor. Christine is watching his kids....mine are over there playing ha ha. ANd I sit blogging sorta....need to move laundry in a second. They are supposed to be home around 1. Then Christine will get ready and we will take her out to celebrate thanksgiving in Riverside with friends. THe boys are cooking and the girls will be at the mall until dinner time. The boys claim the girls mess everything in the kitchen up. Dinner was to be held at a park but it is pretty windy here so, it is being relocated.

Sunday I have nothing planned.

This coming week....brings a trip to Discovery science center in place of our normal girl scout meeting (crap still need to do experiment) Rebekah has a birthday party on wednesday at 4pm at an indoor jump place....Saturday is the charity shoot....and I still need to find jars for the raffle. I am not going this year but am pretty sure Christine will do fine. I am sure she will have plenty of help too. No babysitter for the little ones since inlaws are in Israel.

Have a good week. I am off to move laundry and perhaps read or make a blanket....I have about 25 to make for upcoming "endeavor"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

twentyfive?!

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

isnt that about how many pieces are on the couch and on the dryer?