Monday, February 04, 2008

Will have to do for now

***taken from a xanga blog....I have expanded it here a bit....hope to expand more as time permits***


We just got back from Vegas. We had a nice time. We went under the disguise of an Industry convention, which we did attend...but really went to have a good time...and usually a cheap time but this year the convention fell on Superbowl Sunday weekend which made it a bit more costly.

We went to a "pinball museum" and played old pinball and video games...I now hold top score #1 & 2 on mario brothers. The kids and I rode the Excalibur's 4-D rides...expensive but the kids enjoyed them...well the younger two at least.
We went to the Ethel M chocolate factory tour (neat tour....would have been neater if I had realized it was sunday so the actual working would not be going on)

Ate dinner at a Louisiana style crawfish place with some friends also attending the show....in the middle of what appeared to be little asia or similar...we were the only white people in the joint! Good crawfish/craydads whatever you want to call them....spicey but good....and messy...which of course means fun and memorable...

Ate at Dick's last resort....101 ways to teach children bad eating manners...but OH SO MUCH FUN! Hopefully christine will treat you all to pictures as I have not quite figured out how to do so! (we went to dicks after sticking our head in at 9 fine irishmen to meet up with a group from a website....that was really a bomb this time around...the group was too big, they sent them on the balcony....which was cold without enough seats...we left after about 45 long cold min....only to discover now that we are home that they finally moved them to the downstairs large patio with heaters after we left....eh dicks was still more fun!)

oh yah and I read....finished my last book ,completed another (3rd in the Plum series) and am almost done with the one listed....should be done by tonight.

Glad to be home...as usual barely scratched the surface of what to do in Vegas....(the tropicana has a titanic exhibit and a bodies exhibit at the moment....the small version of the hermitage in the venitian....and so many other things) but, we were there long enough....My head is congested and the kids are coughing...can only handle so long of cig smoke everywhere...

On Saturday night, as we prepared to head out, I switched to from "mom bag" to small purse for phone, id and money....Only one little problem...could not locate ID....knowing had had not taken it out anywhere since being in vegas, I hoped it was at home. I can not find it now that we are home....totally clueless when I lost it....DMV has no appt til March 3rd to replace...I will prob attempt to walk in....eh was due to renew in August...and lazy me, never changed my name on it when I got married....they kept sending me renewals and who wants to actually go to the DMV??

No comments: