Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tomorrow

Is St Patrick's day.
My grandfather was born on st Patricks day and as an adult changed his middle name to Patrick. and he was Irish.
I was trying to find out the origin of the whole pinching thing...and learned that wearing orange is also approriate for the day....it all depends on who you support :)
I don't think I own either color.

We will be having corned beef and cabbage for dinner, Fresh homemade rye bread, green limeade (I cant find stupid lime koolaid this year....)and a white "poke cake" with lime jello. I have toyed with the idea of making colcannon just for the adventure and because it actually looks good....hey mommabear...its meat-free :)
Oh and an irish ale...importanted which one of my favorite checkers at the store asked if I had tried yet. I had to tell him I dont drink beer. He said Oh I dont like this one at all...thought it would be good, a guiness import irish ale but, it tastes like a normal domestic...eh I wont be drinking it and since I was already checking out I bought it anyway LOL

I also bought kiwi and green grapes to snack on tomorrow. I tried to find Riverdance to watch but no such luck.

I tried to buy white carnations to try something I read on a homeschool site but I couldnt find them at the store by themselves so I have a bouquet of white flowers on my table. I hope they will be green soon. You cut off the bottom 1-2" and then put in a vase with Emerald green water (green food coloring and water) and with in 24-48 the carnations are supposed to turn green. I took before pictures, i will let you know. Although DH and christine say they can see green already creeping into a few of the non carnations.

Oh yes and of course I will do laundry tomorrow LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for updates and laundry

Anonymous said...

Nope! Noting here either!