Saturday, April 07, 2012

Today..

Well and yesterday...

After 2hrs in the car last night, we arrived in the Valley for night one of Passover....Got home at 2am...

I was awake at 745 this morning...and got out of bed about 815am.

Woke (little) kids up at 930....they ate and stuff plastic eggs for an Easter egg hunt later in the day. They stuffed them with change, hersey's eggs and starburst double flavored Jelly beans

Ivan and I made deviled eggs to bring with the eggs that cracked when I boiled eggs for dying.

Then we dumped 1 hard boiled egg in vinegar and one uncooked egg in another jar of vinegar. SCIENCE....by tomorrow noonish both should have soft jelly shells. Then we will leave the hard boiled one on the table and the shell should reabsorb what it lost and become hard again. We will place the uncooked one in a jar of water where by osmosis, it should take on so much water it explodes.

We arrived around noon. And had a great time. Nathan was hoping to find a few more of the money eggs but, he came up with a scheme to make more money....he sold his candy for the change.

On the way home, we stopped at home depot and bought killz, spackle and rollers for the upstairs bathroom....the ceiling has begun to peel...opps...fun to wash your hair then find paint chips in it. It hasnt been painted in 16 years.

We came home, Ivan and Rebekah scrapped the bathroom while Nathan and I dyed eggs in KOOL AID. That was fun and different but I still hate dying eggs. We did 6 colors and had 3 or 4 more flavors of koolaid but decided they would all be so red/pink that we had enough of that shade. Our Albertsons didnt carry the lime flavored koolaid so no green eggs. Grape eggs look like century eggs.

I took pics today I would be more then happy to share, except I never bothered to figure out the picture thing on my blog. HEY links and videos were hard enough. Koolaid eggs pictures are on my facebook.

And now I am drinking an adult Shirley Temple. We are supposed to be headed to MIL for night 2 of Passover (no seder)...at this rate my walk there might be more of a stumble....and I am out of cherry vodka....

No comments: