Monday, March 26, 2007

a book tag

I saw this in a friends blog this morning and thought I will have to do this one.....as I love books....
then Christine read the same blog, did it herself and tagged me.

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Paper back is my preferred version of a book

Amazon or brick and mortar? for me that is TOUGH!....I love to browse the book store but I love the amazon recommendation feature....I have found more interesting books that way.

Bookmark or dogear? I dogear....I must confess....it bothers my daughter....but I currently have a postcard I am using as a book mark (Have I mentioned postcrossing.com lately? maybe that needs a blog entry) I like the old bookmarks with the yarn at the top....not the new fancy clip on things that cost as much as the book.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? randomn order....seriously normally by catergory and then by size so they look neat

Keep, throw away, or sell? Keep....most often I keep.....I dont normally loan....because I am afraid of not getting it back(I love my books). If I wont read again, I tend to give away before I will sell.....I dont normally donate because I like to know who I am sharing a book with.....however my box of give away is getting full and I havent had an recent takers....so donate might be around the corner....I hear I could try paperback swap but I am not sure I have that energy :)

Keep dust jacket or toss it? Keep and use the flaps as the book mark

Read with dust jacket or remove it? see above

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Potter since I havent read lemony snicket...maybe I should

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Dark and stormy night...not a fantasy person...

Buy or Borrow? I wish I could borrow....but then if I like it, I want to own it....so I normally buy....

New or used? Used but my kids loose patience with me at the used book stores so I generally end up with new

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?All three

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? tidy ending unless it is a series

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Anytime...there is almost always a book in my car (shoot have to clean that out going to body shop tomorrow) and they often accompany me to all sorts of places

Favorite series? gosh that is tough....I havent really read any series recently except the Nina Oreilly series by perri o shaughnessy. I have received recommendations for 2 series books....the number or counting series from Janet Evanovich and the Burke series by ANdrew Vacchs. I have begun the first in the Burke series and it isnt too bad. As a child I read the Little house series and the boxcar childrens series as often as I could...OH Yeah duh, I read the Harry Potter Series...

Favorite children's book? Shel Silversteins poems, Little house(did you know that the publisher of the extra books...the rose years, caroline years etc....is no longer publishing the complete books only abridged editions?), Boxcar Children, Amelia Bedelia

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? hmm people look at me funny when I say I like "the Bell Jar" by sylvia Plath

Favorite books read last year? Not a clue....days run together.....there is no way I can remember last years books

Favorite books of all time? oh I cant pick a favorite....I dont think....I like to read sooo much that that is way too hard to do...and there are sooo many genres to choose from......nope cant list a favorite

Least favorite book you finished last year? If I dont like it I usually dont finish it.....

What are you reading right now? Flood by Andrew Vachss....I usually read one book at a time....but along with that being hauled around is A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver Van DeMille...after that....see other posts in the Books catergory for my current list

What are you reading next? A Thomas Jefferson Education is prob next....although I have a few others calling my name, including "Everyone Here Spoke Sign Language: Hereditary deafness on Martha's Vineyard" and a few planned read alouds with Rebekah....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Book jackets are disgusting.

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

they make good book markers