Monday, July 02, 2007

Musical Mondays

"Candle in the Wind" by Elton John...
the one he did as a tribute for Princess Diana.

I am NOT one of those totally obsessed Diana fans, thats my mom lol
However, I really like Elton John, I really like this original,and of course the remake....maybe because HE put such passion into it. And I figured this was as good a time as any for this musical monday

I have gone back and forth with WHAT video I would use. Finally decided on this one from the funeral....there were a few that showed only Diana pics in a montage....and what I like so much is how personal this was to Elton.....and you dont see that in those. Unfortunately, there isnt one that just shows him singing....you have to look at all the people crying too...

did you know someone has broken the entire funeral down and uploaded it in pieces to youtube????




and the Lyrics for those that need them:
Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
You called out to our country
And you whispered to those in pain
Now you belong to heaven
And the stars spell out your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall you
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend never will

Loveliness we've lost
These empty days without your smile
This torch we'll always carry
For our nation's golden child
And even though we try
The truth brings us to tears
All our words cannot express
The joy you brought us through the years

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall you
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend never will

Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
Goodbye England's rose
From a country lost without your soul
Who'll miss the wings of your compassion
More than you'll ever know

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And you footsteps will always fall you
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend never will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me sad.

:(