Ok we have a few fires burning around us. One in the canyon, one at the south end of the county at the Marine base and more then one in San Diego County proper.
Large parts of the county of San diego are evacuated. The city for the most part is safe...(at least as I understand it)
On tuesday, Rebekahs class at the Museum of Man was canceled....
Here it is Wednesday....last night is when the fire on the Marine base started....
The 5 freeway from Las Pulgas Rd on down was closed until early this morning. The north bound lanes are still closed.
We own/run a refrigeration repair business. We do mostly warranty work for a particular manufacturer of high end refrigerators.
****all of this is background for the following story****
About 30 mins ago I get a phone call from the manufacturer. When a call comes from them it normally indicates a problem call....either someone else hasnt fixed or irrational customer. It was for out of my service area but not terribly far away. Basically a request I would normally consider. Except for one tiny thing.....these fires. It would require a trip INTO a town in a voluntary evacuation area. ANd the need for the 5 freeway to get home. I inform the customer service rep of that...reading directly from that city's website. I tell him, I can get there but I cant get home and I cant find a hotel there, perhaps the actual authorized servicer would have better luck with this. He tells me they are completely closed.
Ok so fires are all around you, your town is under voluntary evacuation and you raise H-E double hockey sticks with your refrigerator manufacturer for service? I dont even know what was wrong with it....certainly hope it is not cold as opposed to not making ice or something really dumb
but, still....arent there slightly bigger issues going on? Talk about mixed up priorities in life.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah, seriously, this person needs to turn on the news and remember there is a world outside their own home. :-P
Sometimes people try to control the only thing they can. Stress is a funny thing. But it is definitely one of those "hugh" moments. Irrational moments. :)
ooooold post... i have man germs and even *I* posted...
OMG UPDATE
It's been like three years.
if not longer... wasn't clinton in office during her last update?!
you always have man flu...or whatever you are calling it these days.
Did you celebrate
Post a Comment