Too lazy to look where I left off.....forgive me if I duplicate.
So we go to ENT also know as head and neck surgery on thursday at 1130. I realize that morning that we have been to this office before but I have no clue who we saw last time. Rebekah is a semi regular at the Head and neck surgery in Irvine with the Physician's assistant but we were told we had to see a doc this time and that office had no openings.
Last time we were at this office was also for Rebekah. Also for some freak thing. At her Developmental ped a few years ago we noticed the ball of her earing (stud) had slipped back into the hole in her ear. He sent us to Urgent care(he recommended the one next to the hospital just in case) to remedy it. Rebekah scared Urgent care and they sent us downstairs to an apparently not busy Head and neck dr for removal.
So anyhow, we get there at 1130 and are told they are 40min behind. I check my watch 40min is ok....we both brought books. We sit down to read. About 15min pass and they call us in. I think wow they caught up. Yah no.....they brought us back, took history and then put us in a room. A much colder then the waiting room, room....of course with no gowns and no sheets. The nurse says yes they are still 40min behind. I say well I might need to leave....and I tell her what time. Back to reading. Well after 2 trips to the bathroom, it is obvious that rebekah is bored and she is now fidigiting with all the instruments....I give up....its about 20min prior to my deadline but I gotta go....(this is no 1245 or so).
I go back to the nurse's station where I talk to the nurse there (our doc's nurse had gone to lunch but she did tell us and also let the other nurses know about the situation). The nurse goes to reschedule. Now I already know they are booked weeks out (because I was called three times by different people to schedule and each time I let them give me a date before I told them I already had an appt) So, I briefly tell her why we are there and how I dont really know if we should be or was this just a way to get $25 out of us. As I say that a doc walks up.....he apologoizes for the wait and explains they had not 1 but 2 new cancer diagnosis this morning....he asks what is going on....looks for a moments....says wait just a minute. He comes back with papers for the patient he was seeing....also admission procedure papers....and says to us....go to room 2....and tells the nurse what he needs the patient to know and joins us. This is NOT the doc we had the appt with.
I tell him the whole flippin story....he looks at her a bit....asks me if her nose looks different at all. I say....well I wasnt taking notes on it before she decided to fly but it does look like maybe it is a bit fat in the middle area....I show him where. He looks a bit more. I tell him that maybe we are here because she already has breathing/ear issues . He checks her ears, her forehead area, all her teeth, her cheek bones, reads the xray and says "in the case of a nose, xrays are not useful. Physical examination is.....and really unless breathing is obstructed or the nose is dislocated...neither is the case. The we generally dont do anything. Yes there is still some swelling....and should last another week or so. Avoid all ball type activiites where she could miss and hit her nose because it isnt healed and then there could be a problems. (frisbee is also out....)and tells us it is ok to use the flonase again.. To which he never seemed really sure why we were told to stop.
And we head home. We get home at 1:25. Gymnastics is at 2pm. Just enough time to get Christine and Nathan and head off.
Ironically. On Tuesday I got a phone call from member services. I called them a few weeks ago because I dont particurally care for our ped. We got him by default when our beloved Dr Yu stopped seem patients. I loved them....Dr Yu (husband) was our Pediatric Cardiologist and Dr Yu (wife) was our ped. He stopped seeing patients over a year ago...Almost 2 now. Unfortunately, when I called to change Peds, no other one out of the local office had openings so, we were placed on the wait list. They were calling to take Nathan off the wait list. I was dialing the phone before the message finished. When I got them, I mentioned I actually had 2 kids (I moved Christine to a 12 and up general practioner when I called a few weeks ago) that I wanted with Dr Cordes. She said I called 70 people, you are the first to call back. YOu can move both. WHO HOO. It was funny too because that day I had said at least 10times while telling the story that I didnt like the ped....
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay an update :D
Post a Comment