On Saturday Christine attended the first of 3 classes she has at http://www.mopa.org/.
While she was in class, we(Ivan, Rebekah, Nathan and I) wandered around Balboa Parkhttp://www.balboapark.org/. We have done this a few times before (last was for the Warhol exhibit at the art museum).
This time we went into the Automobile museumhttp://www.sdautomuseum.org. They had a Tucker on display (which I thought was pretty cool). They also had a police car exhibit and a real life "Guido" (from cars)
After we grabbed a bite and the sandwich shop just inside the Hall of Champions http://www.sdhoc.com. We did not go in because I dont think anyone except the adults would care at all.
The we went over to Ivan favorite museum, The Air and Space Museum http://www.sandiegoairandspace.org/.
It just so happened to be space day 2007 so they had telescopes set up on the lawn and a bunch of displays in the dome. The building itself is pretty neat and has a bit of local history. It was originally built by Ford motor for the International Expo. The dome is actually a octa-tetra structure which I realized on my first visit while laying in the dome/courtyard looking up. (http://familyclassroom.net/hsboys/articles/octa-tetra.html)
And then it was time to go pickup Christine and head off to a birthday party.
This coming weekend we hope to hit a puppet show at The Marie Hitchock puppet theater http://www.balboaparkpuppets.com. Too bad we were a bit late last week, it was the Princess and the Pea. This weekend it is a Grimm brothers Tale I am not familar with. Not sure what we will hit after that. Then when Christine gets out we will visit the Museum of Man http://www.museumofman.org/ which I hear IS NOT everyone favorite due to a large display on evolution. Both of the girls wanted to go there on our last visit to see the Tattoo and adornment display but we were out of time and now that exhibit is gone. But they do have a hands on exhibit as well as an Indian Fair and 2 good egypt/mummy displays. Perhaps we will see the history museum now that they are in the free with discovery science center membership group (I forget the name). Last time we went, they werent and if not for the chocolate display, I would have been disappointed at the money spent as they are a bit more then the other museums. I can't currently get their website to work (gateway timeout) to see what the current special display is. But, I can see at the end of June they will have the something on the Dead Sea Scrolls.
The weekend after, Rebekah will be at camp. Christine wants to see the art museums, The San Diego Museum of Art http://www.sdmart.org, and/or The Timken http://www.timkenmuseum.org/.
I, personally would like to see the Veterans Museum http://www.veteranmuseum.org.
We shall see.
They also have a railway museum that is constantly changing, a carousel and of course the zoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
For Museum of Man you linked to the puppet place again...
you know how to fix it, why didnt you?
Post a Comment