Sunday, July 29, 2007

Saturday morning journey

to Farmers Market.

I love going to the Farmers market. The bigger the better as far as I am concerned. More things to choose from.
We bought:
2 eggplant....the italian ones....the actual egg shaped ones, although we saw Japanese, Chinese and fairy tales (I have seeds for fairy tales)
2 bags of zucchini
2 bags of blue lake beans
the usual container of apple juice...that everyone is afraid to drink because it tastes good and they want to savor the taste
fresh grapes....green and red...later we saw black too but we already had a ton of grapes
there was a juice vendor we had not seen before...we bought apple peach juice from her....tastes more like a smoothly style drink or a daiquiri then a juice....not think like those tho
Potato bread
banana nut bread
2 tomatoes...because I couldnt decide
and fresh salsa

I think that sums it up.
They actually had fresh organic chickens.....but since right off I didnt have a plan for them I did not buy them

We have a ton of plums from a customer so we kept the fruit to a minimum this time.

There was a vendor there with a pear squash. I was curious but decided against it. It was big and shaped just like a pear (duh) but looked in terms of skin more like a summer squash...but the shape reminded me of a winter squash....but it is too early for winter....
think I will google it to see if it comes up.


OH and my own zuchini is starting to sprout.

EDIT TO ADD: Google did not turn up the squash we saw...it turned up a squash/papaya thing....much smaller then what we saw...
maybe I will be brave next time and give it a whirl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your advice!

I love farmers market. I can't go on Saturday, but would love to go regularly on another day. During the school year tuesday was my day, but I haven't gone since MAy or maybe early June!!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe?

Please?

Anonymous said...

You should...

Anonymous said...

Updating....

....

It's good for the soul.

Dan said...

Update your blog woman!
Or I spread rumours, edit photos, AND remove you from my "Blogs I Read" section...

After all, who wants to visit an out-of-date blog!

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

my daughter put you up to that didnt she?

Dan said...

I dont know what you're talking about ;)