She can't wait. She was up at 7am this morning wanting to pack. That will make for one very long day today.....as the day wears on between the lack of sleep and the heat....she is going to be one cranky girl, which leads to one cranky mommmy.
So, today's to do list:
grocery shopping
make DH's route for tuesday (normally monday AM chore but no time and I need to call the people before we leave tomorrow)
cat box
I have a hundred other little things I could also do....maybe I will get to them....
filing
parts orders
voice mail
paperwork DH is supposed to give to me
laundry of course (but cant be done til packing is done...I fold clothes on my bed....same surface is used for packing)
make jam (with fruit I will buy at store #2, if it is ripe, if not this will have to wait another day)
I would like to read but, can't decide what to read next.....
What else can I ramble about?
On Friday, we saw "The Bodies Exhibit 3" at the Science Center. This one focused on hearts, sorta.....It was actually very interesting.....including smoker's lung and LEG...I had no clue there was smoker's leg. As for hearts, they had Hypertrophied heart, a VSD, a heart and its pacemaker, the abiocor LVAD and the berlin heart. They also had some arteries with CAD. They had whole bodies with just the bones and all the vessels....wow we have alot of blood vessels! Nathan had to inspect all the models to determine which were boys and which were girls. And also decided to read LOUDLY the description of the testes on display. In the end, Nathan insisted we needed a video of the exhibit. I believe the video also talks about the process used for preservation.
Our next field trip is to the Getty Center in a few weeks. I have never been there so, it should be at least interesting. I have 2 that enjoy art....although Rebekah prefers pop art (the warhol exhibit in San Diego was a hit some time back)
After that we have one planned at the Muzeo that is on Jane Goodall and her chimps. None planned at the moment for after that.....I don't have a fall calendar...and I am not sure what days Christine will be in class in the fall. When that is settled, we can work on fall trips.
No comments:
Post a Comment