This will ramble....because....well life has been rambling...
I cant even recall when I last updated....
Rebekah's nose prob.
Dizzy spells are gone....
College is out for Christine for the summer....I have half of the fall forms in....working on the other half
Rebekahs dance recital is Saturday afternoon.....I wonder how long she will give me before she wants her hair cut short again.....they need it in a pony tail for the recital so, I wont let her cut it.
Gymnastics is going good. My kids love it.
Our annual picnic is over.....went really smoothly. I was happy
Rebekah learned to swim, demostrated it by spending 3hrs at a birthday party yesterday IN the water.
Nathan ran laps around the pool.....um ok...
We went to chinatown on friday for a field trip. It was a walking tour and meal. Christine tried a century egg. We have video. But she disabled embedding....check youtube for disneyschooling and then it is under her videos. The tour was alot of fun. And the meal was awesome.
We went to an angel game that night. Firework night. Nathan made a pig out of himself, eating two hot dogs.
I forgot to vote yesterday. Well I didnt know I was supposed to until DH reminded me about 530 or so....and I still managed to forget. Although I didnt really have a clue what it was on and figured it seemed like such a no brainer there must be things tacked on the propositions so prob good I didnt vote since I never read the propositions.
Rebekah's end of the year girlscout party is next week at the beach with tidepools. I have taken the kids there a few times. They enjoyed it. I liked it (not a beach person). Between a beach I am ok with and people I like, it will be fun....although a bit sad....I enjoy the adults at girl scouts.
hmmm what else have we been doing?
Oh yeah. I have been making jam....
I have blackberry and an apricot/peach/nectarine one....I want to make a berry one next (straw/rasp/blue) if my kids dont eat the berries. It is SOOOO easy! So now I make bread and jam....although I havent made the bread in awhile....maybe tomorrow....not sure in what time LOL....tomorrow is gymnastics.
My corn is growing nicely....I see tomatoes on my plants....my hot peppers FINALLY came up....now I have to thin them. Our early scorching heat killed all my radishes...and my mushrooms.
The plants we have out back in containers right now (we have no ground to put them in)
Lemon Cucs (supposed to be good for pickling, my next adventure lol)
oregano (not doing so hot)
Dill
basil
corn
carrots
tomatoes
bell peppers
hot peppers (assorted LOL...1 jalapeno...not sure what else because NOTHING else was growing so we just started throwing all the hot seed in there )
chives
Romanesco (a broc/cauliflower family veg)
and
my blueberry plant (usually takes 3yrs to get a "crop" so nothing yet)
Ok, I am out of time....
Have a nice day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yaaaay... You updated.
YOU'RE BLOGGING AGAIN!!! YAY!!!
I feel a bit sad about end of the year too, but I want to actually plan things for summer this time. And of course we, and proably Lana and no doubt others, can get together just to hang any time. We love the swim thing and will be doing that at least a few times a week.
Oh and the egg thing is still really gross!
Finally...and wow, jam and bread! I'm impressed!
You could make a fortune on those homegrown tomatoes!
Post a Comment