Thursday, January 11, 2007

Books

I like to read.....I often have many books sitting around my desk on my list of books to read. A friend of mines husband told me that every January, she makes a list of books she is going to read for the upcoming year.
I thought I would try something similar here (of course it will require my daughters help to figure out how to cross off the ones I finish.) I will not be doing book reviews....I might make an occasional comment on the books but reviews just arent my thing.
Since I have started this on a whim, I will be adding more books to it as I find all the details (aka exact name and/or author)...I might even let you know, if I just couldnt finish the book.
Should you choose to read any of these books and wish to perhaps purchase them thru amazon.com.....do me a favor, and go to www.caheartconnection.org and click on the amazon link before you make your purchase.

1) "My Ox is Broken" by adam-troy Castro
2) "Republic" by Plato (suggestion courtesy of will smith)
3) "The heart's Code" by Paul Pearsall
4) "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham
5) The ann rule book in my car...title to come...
6) "My Michael" by Amos Oz
7) "At First Sight" by nicolas sparks
8) "Japanese woman dont Get Old or Fat" by Naomi MOyarama
9) "flight from Heaven" by Jan Karon
10) "The Pursuit of Hapiness" by Chris Gardner
11) "Island of Hope, Island of Tears" by David Brownstone and company
12) "Ellis Island Interviews" by Peter Mortan Coan
13) "Flood" by Andrew Vacchs
14) "How Children Raise Parents" by Dan B Allender
15) "its My Heart" by The Childrens Heart Foundation so the next time I am asked at a picnic I can give a "real response"
16) "The parents guide to children's Congenital Heart Defect" by Kramer and Mauer...same reason as above
17) "Partners fo the Heart" by Vivien Thomas, autobiography
18) "God, Guns, and rock n roll" by Ted Nugent
19) " 100 People who are screwing Up America (and al Franken is #37) by Bernard Goldberg
20) "Einstein Never Used Flash Cards" by Kathy HIrsh-Pasek and Roberta Michnick Golinkoff
21) "Every Second Counts, The Race to Transplant the First Human Heart" by Donald McRae

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No "A Loss For Words" by LouAnn Walker?

I wasn't aware "Plate" was an author :P

Dan said...

Neither of you are allowed to talk about me and Jo talking via MSN and Email - you're as bad as we are!!

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

I read "A loss for Words" already last year.....
but I believe you have a few up there I want to read.

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

x

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I'm sooo curious...
what does Dried Papercuts and Chickens mean?????

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

http://driedpapercutsandchickens.blogspot.com/2006/07/lets-see.html

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

I have no idea how to make it a link to click on but that is the url to the post with the definition....it was post #2

:)

Anonymous said...

I thought already you read 15, 16 and 17??

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

#15 was handed to me one day...and I set it aside, planning to read
#16 wasboring...so I never got beyond the first few pages.....(I like Heart of a Child better based on the first chapter or so
#17 I got 1/3 of the way thru then couldnt find it...found it...but now I have to start all over