We have a vehicle loan, it is for the work van.
On Monday the 27th(of december), they called me on my cell phone about the payment,with all the holidays I forgot, it was due on the 21st....I hate coupon books....mail me a bill, please.
Knowing that it was almost paid off, I asked the payoff amount...she told me 519 and some change, I said ok, I am not home right now but, I am writing the amount down and will mail it out tomorrow. She said fine she would make a notation. At least I think that is what she said, about half the office staff at this place speaks broken english in a variety of accents. (the van came from a place that buys lease-up work vehicles and resells them so, the loan was not with a major bank)
I get home and mail it out the next day (the 28th), which is a Thursday. Now, remember we still have the New year holiday and they are closed on the weekend. Apparently, they did not receive it til the 4th...which is totally reasonable given the holiday, counting the day I mailed it, it took 4 working days to receive it for them to record it.
I assume (yah, yah my dad told me to assume is to make an ass out of u and me)all is well and the vehicle is paid off. I should be receiving the pink slip anyday....
Today, they call.
"Where is your payment?"
"What?" I say
"Your payment.", they say.
I say "You called me and I sent it, you cashed it."
They say "Wwell we didnt receive it til the 4th so there is still a balance due and it was due the 21st."
UM ok...
"How much?"
"31.86" they say
"OK can you take it over the phone?" (because I really want it gone)
"No", they say, "We only accept checks in the mail and wire transfers."
"So if I mail today what is the amount I will owe when you receive it?"
"I dont know" I get back
UM alrighty then, I am mailing $35.00....
hmm rethinking....if they added on 31.86 last month (late charge is 23.00...go figure I am sure there is a late charge because they amount I didnt know about was due the 21st)......maybe I should send them 40....
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment