So, what are you making? I am always looking for something new.
Todays is a recipe from a friends Live journal....I could save myself alot of time and link you there but, I believe the entry is a private one....so you would see nothing.
Its a crockpot recipe, which generally means easy which fits my first requirement for a new recipe...
It is originally called Brett Favre chili but, her son renamed it 49er chili.
1 1/2 lb ground beef
2 med green and/or red sweet peppers, chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 sm onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15-16oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1 14oz can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
1 140z can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
1 10oz can cream of mush soup
1 1.25 oz pkg chili seasoning mix
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tsp creole seasoning or 1/4 cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
In large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain off fat. In crockpot,stir together all ingredients including ground beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8hrs or high for 3-4.
I skipped the creole/cayenn pepper as I am serving it to small children.
So far my house smells pretty good.
I think I will serve corn muffins with it....
SOOOOO what are you having....
(Hmm i think my favorite word, at least to type, might be so)
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
can't wait too hear how it tastes.. then I will try it lol
tonight is an easy night
ribs, baked potatoes, brocolli and salad.
I slow cook the ribs in barbecue sauce then grill them
I assume in the snow you arent grilling outside?
I dont like ribs lol
everyone else does.....
Ribs are lovely!
Jo made us chilli lasagne last night. Mmmmm...
You assumed wrong! lol We always use the grill, rain, snow or whatever!
chili lasagna?? now that sounds good!
Post a Comment